LiveOIO 1.0.8 with R for statistics, Live Reports, German + Italian translations
Starting with easily customizable web-forms and workflows, this is the first OIO release that achieves seamless integration with statistical routines in R (www.R-Project.Org).
- Contact: Andrew P. Ho, M.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Free Download of LiveOIO iso image (630MB) or OIO package (2.5MB + more work to install all components) under GPL license.
This is an upgrade release of the Open Infrastructure for Outcomes (OIO) server software, packaged on a remastered Knoppix 3.3 2003/11/19. This release contains both new features and bug fix.
The focus of this release is enhanced reports-generation. Data collected through OIO forms can now be organized and tabulated through 2 separate reporting medules:
- Data mining - where data are extracted from forms, transformed, and loading into a new "merged data" table for data analysis. Each "merged data" table represents a snapshot-in-time of the dataset.
- Live Reports - where a virtual table is contructed from a set of queries - each query provides a column in the resulting data set.
Statistics by R
R offers a rich set of data manipulation and statistical functions. Unfortunately, it is a bit intimidating to use except by expert statisticians. Thanks to Gregory Warnes, Zope applications can communicate with R via the RSessionDA product. OIO-1.0.8 calls R functions through RSessionDA and provides convenient web-interface to sophisticated statistical functions.
OIO-1.0.8 implements 2 statistical functions from R's extensive library as a proof-of-concept and first step towards bringing the full-power of R to wider usage.
Local_Text Thru-the-Browser Translations: German + Italian
OIO-1.0.8 includes Anton Auer's German and Italian translations which he produced using OIO's Local_Text module and exported as XML document. These translations can be imported and merged with other existing translations. LiveOIO-1.0.8 includes German and Italian translations pre-installed.
- Gregory Warnes (Pfizer) - help with RSessionDA installation
- Anton Auer (Seniornet) - German + Italian translations
- Dennis Halladay (Somalogic) - testing, bug fixes for Live Reports, input validation, Oracle
- Nandalal Gunaratne (Sri Lanka Teaching Hospital, Colombo South) - LiveOIO testing, documentation
- David Hindman (Harbor-UCLA) - advocated for and first user of Live Reports