- Bugfix/performance improvement. Do not rely on getPersistentDocument()
but instead use acquisition parent. This fixes a memory leak
triggered when doing
document.documentElement, and also likely
improves performance when accessing the DOM through the ManageableDOM
- The Zope Find tab should now not give an error anymore when searching
- Use the One True Way to import expat now (
- All element nodes now have a _element_id id. This id is guaranteed
to be unique in the document, though which id an element has may
change in a reparse.
- NodePath system for creating various paths to nodes. This can
be based on
child (child node index),
robust, which is not very robust as yet in some ways, but
should be resistent to quite a few changes to the document.
- added pretty printing feature. A pretty print button renders
the document in pretty printed form, but does not save this
changed version (you can do so yourself).
- Removed ParsedXML's Expat, introduced dependency on PyXML's
pyexpat instead (or just compile your own). This gets rid of
lots of install hassles, especially on Windows. Just install
- An ongoing attempt to bring sanity to the unit test story.
- Avoid XML-garbling bug in Printer by using PrettyPrinter.
- various bugfixes in the DOM.
- pyexpat.c is now in sync with Python's and PyXML's version.
- Tests are now more conformant with Zope unit testing guidelines.
- Should work with Python 2.1/Zope 2.4, but not all the way
there yet (parser segfault..)
- new version of PyExpat
- Access to DOM from Zope environment sped up by new DOMProxy
- Fixed an ExpatBuilder bug that caused a DOM reference to be
leaked when parsing occured at the document. There is still a
leak for fragment parsing that we're looking into.
- ZCatalog support added
- ZCache support added
- Version numbers make more sense :)
- The value returned by get_size() is cached, which will often
speed up the management view of an instance's container.
- Problems with Attr Node manipulation not being reflected by
the getAttribute methods of their Elements and vice versa
- Erroneous position information for parse error output on
- Default attributes are noticed by the parser and printer, and
the relevent DOM methods work.
- ManageableDOM Nodes can find the persistent Document wrapper
when it has been installed in a Zope ObjectManager. This
object, rather than a newly created ManageableDocument
wrapper, is returned when available by OwnerDocument calls.
This allows Zopish navigation and discovery out of the
Document, helps shorten acquisition paths, and fixes some bugs
with manipulation at the Document.
- ManageableDOM's usage of namespaces for parsing is now
optional and settable.
- The DOM 2 Traversal interface has been fleshed out, although
support for visiblity and roots is not complete.
- Yet a few more DOM bugs fixed.
- Fixed a distribution error that was causing build problems
- Many bugs found and fixed as we hammered out new DOM tests,
especially in namespace usage, attribute printing, and
- Several speedups throughout the code.
- ManageableDOM refactored into several base classes to make