StructuredTextNG is still under development. There aren't any formal releases. There may not be any until it is incorporated into Zope releases.
Here are instructions, which are specific to StructuredTextNG.
First, login to the public CVS server:
cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvs-repository login
when prompted for a password, enter anonymous.
Then checkout StructuredText:
cvs -z7 -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs-repository co -dStructuredText -rStructuredText-Dev Zope2/lib/python/StructuredText
This command differs a bit from the command for checking out Zope and a few of the options deserve some special mention:
- an abreviation for
checkoutto make the command a tad shorter.
- is used to checkout just StructuredText, rather than all of Zope.
- Specifies the target directory. If this is
omitted, then the files would be checked out into
- Checkout the
StructuredText-DevCVS branch. This is important. StructuredTextNG is only available on this branch. If you ommit this option, then you will only get the classic StructuredText implementation included with Zope.
- simon (Jul 11, 2001 6:17 pm; Comment #1)
- Looks like StructuredTextNG has been quietly incorporated into released zope, at least as of 2.3.3. Yay! Did I miss an announcement ? If not I think there should be one. Didn't see it even in CHANGES.txt.
- benja (Mar 16, 2002 8:35 am; Comment #2)
- Would it be possible to provide StructuredTextNG under version 2.0 of the Zope Public License (or any other GPL-compatible license)? I would like to use the package extensively in a project of mine which is published under the GPL.
- benja (Mar 16, 2002 9:25 am; Comment #3)
> Would it be possible to provide StructuredTextNG under version 2.0 of > the Zope Public License (or any other GPL-compatible license)?
Actually, by sheer luck I've found that there is a version of StructuredTextNG under ZPL 2.0. Instead of the complicated checkout command above, you have to do:
cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvs-repository co StandaloneSTX
If this is the "correct" current version, maybe this page should be updated?