Five 1.0.2 released!
The changes since Five 1.0.1 (Zope 2.8.0) are:
- Fixed some issues with bridged interfaces: Bases and Methods were not bridged correctly. extends() was never True.
- zope.security.checkPermission now behaves exactly like Five.security.checkPermission (in fact, the former now calls the latter through the indirection of Zope 3 security policies).
- Fixed a bug with resource directories. Resources within those were not rendering their absolute URL correctly.
For more information please consult the CHANGES document.
Five 1.0.2 can be downloaded here: http://codespeak.net/z3/five/release/Five-1.0.2.tgz
This version of Five will also be port of the upcoming Zope 2.8.1.
Five is a Zope 2 product that allows you to integrate Zope 3 technologies into Zope 2, today. It allows you to use the following parts of the Zope 3 component architecture within Zope 2:
- Zope 3 interfaces
- pages (views), including skins, layers and resources
- edit and add forms, based on schemas
We've tried to keep the Five experience as close to Zope 3 as possible, so this means that what you learn while using Five should also be applicable to Zope 3.
More information about Five can be found on our website, here:
We hope you'll join our mailing list and let hear from yourself!
About the Zope 3 Base
Five is part of the Zope 3 Base project, which aims to offer an approachable area for developers of Zope 3 related software. More about the Zope 3 base and its projects can be found here: