CHANGES to ExtFile/ExtImage
- Fixed missing import of TemporaryFile.
- Fixed support for the Photo product which was broken in 1.4.2. Note that you cannot use ZODB_PATH = PHYSICAL with Photos!
- Images using the CMYK color model are converted to RGB before computing the preview. Thanks to Jan-Wijbrand Kolman.
- 130+ unit tests.
- Fixed an RFC violation. See http://collector.zope.org/Zope/544.
- Fixed "no context" detection for Zope 2.7.
- Fixed repository umask for generated previews.
- Stopped _createPreview() from swallowing PIL exceptions.
- SYNC_ZODB can now use the physical path (see Config.py).
- Bundled Bjorn Nelson's
extFile_load_site.shutility, that can be used to bulk upload data into ExtFiles/ExtImages.
- 120 unit tests.
- ExtFile and ExtImage now have interfaces properly declared.
- ExtFile and ExtImage are now transaction-aware. File operations are performed using temporary files, which are "committed" (or removed) at the end of the transaction. This makes sure repository files are only created/modified if the transaction completes successfully.
- 100+ unit tests.
This release was sponsored by Infrae and ETH Zürich. The initial implementation came from Christian Zagrodnick of gocept. Thanks for making this possible.
- Made generated img tags XHTML compliant (Jan-Wijbrand Kolman).
- Reenabled undo functionality.
- Added upgrade instructions; see UPGRADE-1.2.0.txt.
- Included Oliver Bleutgen's patch that allows to perform a redirect if the default view is triggered unintentionally.
- Documented the IExtFile and IExtImage interfaces.
- More tests.
- Support for large files by eliminating StringIO.
- Support for INSTANCE_HOME and PUT_factory.
- Support for serving ExtImages statically via Apache (or another webserver).
- New repository management options.
- Automatic file extension management.
- Configuration settings moved to a separate file, Config.py.
- Switched to new-style security declarations throughout.
- Some API polishing.
- Reworked upload code.
- Ran everything through expand -4.
- Added some tests.