What is the CMF?
The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of services and content objects useful for building highly dynamic, content-oriented portal sites. As packaged, the CMF generates a site much like the Zope.org site. The CMF is intended to be easily customizable, in terms of both the types of content used and the policies and services it provides.
Where do I get it?
Download it from http://zope.org/Products/CMF/CMF-1.5.0beta2
Points of interest include:
Where do I go to learn more?
The CMF mailing list has many participants who are active in supporting the CMF.
...to report bugs?
The CMF Collector is ths place to report bugs (please search for existing reports of your issue first!)
New Features in 1.5.0 beta2
- CMF 1.5 requires Zope 2.7.0 or later.
- CMFActionIcons product is now shipped as part of the CMF release.
- The new CMFUid product allows content objects to be labeled with a UID. The Favorite type now exploits this feature to track the target objects when moved.
- New portal_setup tool provides export / import of various site configuration choices, both as tarballs and as TTW "snapshots".
- Extended UI for site managers to create / review / delete members.
- Method aliases ease localization / rationalization of action URLs.
- ZPT skins no longer depend on older DTML skin directories.
- See the change history for a complete listing of new features added and bugs fixed in this release.