CMF 2.0.0 Released
What's new in this release?
In addition to countless bug fixes and minor improvements, this release features many noteworthy additions, such as:
- GenericSetup-integration as the replacement for the CMFSetup technology started in the CMF 1.5-series
- the use of Zope 3-style interfaces throughout, bridged back to Zope 2-interfaces where needed for backwards compatibility
- An experimental set of Five-style browser views for CMFDefault and CMFCalendar, which will evolve into the standard views for CMF 2.1
- widespread integration with Zope 3/Five technologies, and the folding-in of the previous CMFonFive addon-product
- pluggable TypeInformation objects
- new-style Actions
What is the CMF?
The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of services and content objects useful for building highly dynamic, content-oriented portal sites. As packaged, the CMF generates a site much like the Zope.org site. The CMF is intended to be easily customizable, in terms of both the types of content used and the policies and services it provides.
Where do I get it?
Download it from http://www.zope.org/Products/CMF/CMF-2.0.0
Points of interest include:
- Windows ZIP file
- Unix tar/gzip archive
- Release notes
- Change history
- Installation instructions
- CMF Release Roadmap
Where do I go to learn more?
The CMF mailing list has many participants who are active in supporting the CMF.
...to report bugs?
The CMF Collector is the place to report bugs (please search for existing reports of your issue first!)