CMF 1.3 Released
Zope Corporation is proud to announce the release of version 1.3 of the Zope Content Management Framework (CMF).
What is the CMF?
The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of services and content objects useful for building highly dynamic, content-oriented portal sites. As packaged, the CMF generates a site much like the Zope.org site. The CMF is intended to be easily customizable, in terms of both the types of content used and the policies and services it provides.
- The CMF "dogbowl" site, http://cmf.zope.org.
- The mailing list, firstname.lastname@example.org. List information and online signup are available at: http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-cmf. Archives of the list are at: http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf.
- Please search the CMF Collector for issues which are open against the CMF. You can also report issues there (please look for similar ones first!)
From the README
- HTML content is now "scrubbed" when edited to remove tags which might allow cross-site scripting.
- PortalFolders can now be workflowed and discussed (neither is enabled by default).
- Tools which provide "actions" now allow editing of those actions via the ZMI.
- The DublinCore modification date is now stored as an explicit attribute of content, rather than being inferred from the underlying ZODB value.
- New PathIndex,
path, is a standard part of the catalog.
- New calendar display is now a standard part of the ZPT skins.
- Filesystem-based skin methods can now have custom role-permission
mappings, stored in separate
- New CachingPolicyManager tool governs HTTP caching headers for FSPageTemplates.
New Features since version 1.2