Zope 2.10.12 Changelog
Zope 2.10.12 (2010/09/01)
- Prevent uncaught exceptions from killing ZServer worker threads. https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/627988
pytzexternal to point to
2010bversion (not via Zope3).
- Protect ZCTextIndex's clear method against storing Acquisition wrappers.
- LP #195761: fixed ZMI XML export / import and restored it to the UI.
Zope 2.10.11 (2010/01/12)
- LP #491224: proper escaping of rendered error message
- Also look for ZEXP imports within the clienthome directory. This provides a place to put imports that won't be clobbered by buildout in a buildout-based Zope instance.
- LP #143444: add labels to checkboxes / radio buttons on import / export form.
- fixed improper usage of the IF_MODIFIED_SINCE header inside Five/browser/resource.py (updated to Five 1.5.9)
Zope 2.10.10 (2009/12/22)
- Testing/custom_zodb.py: added support use a different storage other than DemoStorage. A dedicated FileStorage can be mount by setting the $TEST_FILESTORAGE environment variable to a custom Data.fs file. A ZEO server can be configured using the $TEST_ZEO_HOST and $TEST_ZEO_PORT environment variables. This new functionality allows us to use the standard Zope testrunner for writing and running tests against existing Zope installations.
- LP #490514: preserve tainting when calling into DTML from ZPT.
- LP #360761 (backported from Acquisition trunk): fix iteration proxy to pass `self` acquisition-wrapped into `__iter__` and `__getitem__`.
- LP #414757 (backported from Zope trunk): don't emit a IEndRequestEvent when clearing a cloned request.
Zope 2.10.9 (2009/08/06)
- Moved exception MountedStorageError from ZODB.POSExceptions to Products.TemporaryFolder.mount (now its only client).
- LP #253362: Moved Zope2-specific module, ZODB/Mount.py, to Products/TemporaryFolder/mount.py (its only client is Products/TemporaryFolder/TemporaryFolder.py).
- Removed spurious import-time dependencies from Products/ZODBMountPoint/MountedObject.py.
- Fixed vulnerabilities in the ZEO network protocol affecting ZEO storage servers.
Zope 2.10.8 (2009/05/04)
- SiteErrorLog now includes the entry id in the information copied to the event log. This allowes you to correlate a user error report with the event log after a restart, or let's you find the REQUEST information in the SiteErrorLog when looking at a traceback in the event log.
App.class_initto ease migration. In Zope 2.12 it will be recommended to import
AccessControl.Permissions, in order to break an import cycle in third-party code which avoids imports from
Globals.Left the class importable from its old location without deprecation.
- Launchpad #373299: Removed bogus string exception in OFS.CopySupport.
- ZPublisher response.setBody: don't append Accept-Encoding to Vary header if it is already present - this can make cache configuration difficult. (merged 99493)
- Launchpad #267834: proper separation of HTTP header fields using CRLF as requested by RFC 2616. (merged 90980, 92625)
- Launchpad #348223: optimize catalog query by breaking out early from loop over indexes if the result set is already empty.
- Launchpad ##332168: Connection.py: do not expose DB connection strings through exceptions
- LP/#143873: Fixed problems when no HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET is in the request. This required an update of zope.publisher to 3.3.3.
- LP/#324876: tighened regex for detecting the charset from a meta-equiv header
- Acquisition wrappers now correctly proxy __iter__.
- Products.PluginIndexes.PathIndex: backported doc fixes / optimizations from trunk (and ExtendedPathIndex).
- Launchpad #174705: ensure that the error info object exposed to a
tal:on_errorhandler has attributes visible to restricted code.
Zope 2.10.7 (2008/10/24)
- Ensure that response header values cannot embed CRLF pairs, which violate the HTTP spec (RFC 2616).
- Launchpad #282677: fixed implementation of guarded_map and provided tests and implementation for guarded_zip (RestrictedPython).
- Lauchpad #143736,#271395: fixed AttributeError' on _ltid in TempStorage
AccessControl.ZopeGuards.guarded_importmapped some Unauthorized exceptions onto ImportErrors: don't do that! Also, removed mutable defaults from argument list, improved tests.
- LP #281156:
AccessControl.SecurityInfo.secureModuledropped ModuleSecurity for failed imports, obscuring later attempts to import the same broken module.
- LP #142667: Updated to ZODB-3.7.3 to fix problem with product auto-refresh.
- Updated to Five 1.5.8
- Launchpad #245649: the Products package is now a proper "namespace package" under the rules specified by setuptools.
- Fixed outdated transaction.commit(1) call in ZODBMountPoint.SimpleTrailblazer
- Launchpad #239636: Ensure that HEAD requests lock an empty body for NotFound errors.
- Launchpad #229549: Don't ignore
debugflag when rendering page templates (thanks to Eric Steele for the patch).
- integrated Hotfix-2008-08-12
- Launchpad #267545: DateTime(DateTime()) now preserves the correct hour
- Launchpad #262313: respect the
Expand macros when editingflag when editing a page template through the ZMI
Zope 2.10.6 (2008/05/10)
- Launchpad #142350: Display description for properties as row title, if present.
- Launchpad #200007: DateTime(anotherDateTime) now preserves the timezone.
- Launchpad #213311: Handle "unsubscriptable object" errors during publishing traversal.
- Launchpad #143813: zopectl now exits non-zero when child processes fail.
- Launchpad #173658: Removed dead code in OFS.Traversable's
- Launchpad #198274: "empty" ZopePageTemplates could not be unpickled.
- zope.security: switched to use standalone 3.3.3 version, which contains a backport of a huge performance bugfix from the 3.4 branch.
- Launchpad #164783: Indexes were migrated on initial creation of a ZODB.
Zope 2.10.5 (2007/10/30)
- Turned deprecation warnings for manage_afterAdd, manage_beforeDelete and manage_afterClone methods into discouraged warnings. These methods will not be removed in Zope 2.11, but stay for the foreseeable future. Using events is still highly encouraged.
- Launchpad #147201: treat container-class in zope.conf as a string, making it possible to use types from extra products directories.
- Collector #2358: backported fix making
Productspackage a real "namespace package" from the trunk.
- Collector #2287: form
:recordobjects did not implement enough of the mapping interface.
- Collector #2352: fix in OFS.Traversable
- Collector #2346: username logging in FCGI crashed the server
- ZopePageTemplate's pt_edit did not recognize content type arguments which had a charset information included.
- Collector #2332: SessionDataManger: don't swallow ConflictErrors
- Collector #2339: ZPT: fixed unicode issue when using the
- Launchpad #151020: HTTP_CHAR_SET headers containing
x-user-definedcaused a LookupError exception. Unknown encodings are from now on silently discarded.
Zope 2.10.4 (2007/06/23)
- updated to ZODB 3.7.1
- updated to Zope 3.3.2
- updated to Five 1.5.5
- Collector #1306: Missing acquisition context on local roles screen.
- Collector #2153: Supporting unquoted cookies with spaces.
- The REQUEST no longer accepts holds after it has been closed.
- Collector #1441: WebDAV compatibility with Windows Web Folders restored by adding a configuration variable that controls the sending of the non-standard MS-Author-Via and Public headers. Thanks for PatrickD for the the hard work coming up with an initial patch. (http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1441)
- Fixed bug in ZPublisher.BaseRequest with persistent site managers. An EndRequestEvent was thrown after the ZODB connection was already closed and thus the site manager not being available anymore.
- Collector #2295: Comments in PythonScripts could lead to syntax errors
- Collector #2307: ObjectCopiedEvent not dispatched to sublocations.
- Collector #2304: fixed markup issue in ptEdit.zpt
- Collector #2260: fixed Examples.zexp
- Collector #2320: HTTPResponse setHeader lowercased keys but getHeader
did not, causing lookups of
- Collector #2321: Skip trusted proxies when extracting the client IP address from the request.
- Collector #2318: Allow override of zopectl's control socket in zope.conf
- Collector #2316: correctly unpack DateTimeIndex dates when browsing the index.
- Collector #1866: a 304 HTTP status should not have a content length.
- Collector #2300: delimit all HTTP Response headers with CRLF.
Zope 2.10.3 (2007/03/25)
- Collector #2298: webdav.Resource.COPY and webdav.Resource.MOVE did not send the expected copy/move events.
- Collector #2296: Fixed import of ZClass products, broken by removal of BBB support for pasting objects whose meta_type info was permission-free.
- Collector #2294: Protected DOS-able ControlPanel methods with the
- Collector #2294: Protected various security mutators with a new
postonlydecorator. The decorator limits method publishing to POST requests only, and is a backport from Zope 2.11's requestmethod decorator factory.
- Collector #2289: restored compatibility with PTProfiler
- No longer opens a zodb connection every time a ProductDispatcher is looked up.
- Collector #2288: @ and + should not be quoted when forming request URLs in BaseRequest and HTTPRequest
zLOG, which will remain a backward-compatibility shim for the Python logging module.
- PageTemplate/ZRPythonExpr.py: expressions represented as unicode string caused UnicodeDecodeErrors.
Zope 2.10.2 (2007/01/26)
- Updated Zope 3 to bugfix release 3.3.1.
- Collector #2261: Acquisition when creating objects via Webdav.
- Collector #2269: fixed broken FTP support for ZPT
Zope 2.10.2 beta 1 (2007/01/14)
- Fixed Collector #2190: Calls to
zope.security.management.checkPermission aren't rerouted to
Zope 2's security policy.
NOTE: If you already have a Zope 2.10 instance running, you will either have to recreate it or add the following lines to the end of the etc/site.zcml file:
<securityPolicy component="Products.Five.security.FiveSecurityPolicy" />
- Fixed Collector #2223: Evaluation of booleans in TALES and the
- Reverted backward-incompatible fix for Collector #2191.
- Fixed the creation of lib/python/Zope2/version.txt
- added Python 2.4.4 as optimal Python version to
- the ZopePageTemplate implementation now uses unicode
internally. Non-unicode instances are migrated on-the-fly to
unicode. However this will work only properly for ZPT
instances formerly encoded as utf-8 or ISO-8859-15. For other
encodings you might set the environment variable
ZPT_REFERRED_ENCODING to insert your preferred encoding in
front of utf-8 and ISO-8859-15 within the encoding sniffer
code. In addition there is a new
output_encodingsproperty that controls the conversion from/to unicode for WebDAV/FTP operations.
- the ZPT implementation has now a configurable option in order how to deal with UnicodeDecodeErrors. A custom UnicodeEncodingConflictResolver can be configured through ZCML (see Products/PageTemplates/(configure.zcml, unicodeconflictresolver.py, interfaces.py)
Zope 2.10.1 (2006-11-22)
- Collector #2191: extended DateTime parser for better support to the ISO8601 specification.
- Reworking of _cached_result in Shared.DC.ZRDB.DA.DA:
- fixed KeyError reported in Collector #2212
- fixed two memory leaks that occurred under high load
- fixed broken cache keys for people using the obscure Shared.DC.ZRDB.DA.DA.connection_hook
- fixed incorrect cache ordering resulting in newer results being dumped when the cache became too large.
- Collector #2232: Can't call DTML templates from Page Templates
- Collector #2213: Can't edit "old" ZopePageTemplate instances.
- Collector #2237:
makedoesn't tell you to run
make inplacebefore running
- Collector #2235: A number of ZCatalog methods were doing boolean evaluation of objects that implemented __len__ instead of checking them against None. Replaced a number of "if not obj" with "if obj is None".
- Collector #2208: rewriting/setting the
charsetpart of the content-type HTTP header will be done only for
- Collector #2209: ZTUtils module could not be used inside ZPT
- Collector #2206: Set PYTHONPATH to include existing PYTHONPATH in skel/bin/zopectl.in and skel/bin/runzope.in
Zope 2.10.0 (2006/10/04)
Zope 2.10.0 RC 1 (2006/09/25)
- Call setDefaultSkin on new requests created as the result of ConflictError retries.
- Collector #2187: PUT_factory broken
Zope 2.10.0 beta 2 (2006/09/17)
- Collector #2117: Don't choke in
- Collector #2185: Log username for FCGI requests.
- Collector #2152: Fixed MailHost documentation; simple_send does not process or validate its arguments in any way.
- Collector #2175: ZTUtils.make_hidden_input did not escape double-quotes.
- Collector #2176: Fixed bad logging call.
- Collector #1907: Moved
altproperty from File to Image.
- Collector #1983: Specifying session-resolution-seconds >= 1200 caused Zope startup to fail.
- Collector #2169: webdav.Resource.COPY did not send ObjectClonedEvent.
- Collector #2178: Fix ZopeTestCase doctest support for layers
Zope 2.10.0 beta 2 (2006/08/20)
- Collector #2155: Fix wrong parameter being passed to logger's error() method, with tests.
- Updated Five to stable 1.5 release.
- Traversal order changes were causing WebDAV requests which used acquisition to fail.
- Collector #2157: Expose name of broken class in SystemError raised
__getstate__of a broken instance.
- Usage of
webdav.davcmdscould lead to wrongly constructed urls.
- Fix #2141: TALES doesn't traverse correctly over
- reStructuredText/ZReST: setting raw_enabled to 0 for security reasons
- Collector #2113:
zopectl testmasked Ctrl-C.
- OFS Image: Image and File updated to use isinstance(data, str) and raises TypeError upon encountering unicode objects.
- OFS Application: Updated deprecation warnings.
meta_typeswill be removed in Zope 2.11,
methodssupport might remain longer.
- Collector #2136: Map ResourceLockedError to the correct response code.
- Collector #2016: DemoStorage couldn't wrap base storages without
- Collector #2118: Empty TALES path expressions are allowed in Zope 2.
- Acquisition wrappers now correctly proxy __contains__.
- Collector #2116: sequence.sort() did not work properly locale related comparison methods
- Collector #2122: fixed missing is_proxying_match definition in ZServer/HTTPServer
- Collector 2077: fixed problem with ACTUAL_URL and SiteRoot
- Collector #2073: fixed misbehaviour of OFS.Owned.changeOwnership
- Collector #2063: cleaned up some mess in MailHost.sendTemplate()
- View and attribute lookup order was changed to the following: 1. Unacquired attributes 2. Views 3. Acquired attributes According to consensus in z3-five mailing list: http://codespeak.net/pipermail/z3-five/2006q2/001474.html
- The defaultView directive now only looks up views, not attributes.
- Collector #2178: Fix ZopeTestCase doctest support for layers
- Disabled docutils file inclusion completely, rather than trying to jigger it via configuration settings.
- Returned to the "classic"
./configure && make && make installrecipe, dropping the use of
zpkgfor building Zope2 releases.
Zope 2.10.0 beta 1 (2006/05/30)
- Zope 2.10+ now includes site.zcml as part of its instance
creation skel directory. As a consequence Five now requires
this file to exist in every instance. If upgrading a site
from Zope 2.9 to 2.10, you will need to copy site.zcml and
package-includes/ from your installed Zope installation
location (skel/etc/) into the etc/ directory of your upgraded
The rationale for requiring this new file is to bring Zope 2 instances closer in consistency to Zope 3 instances. It also eases use of Zope 3 coding techniques in Zope 2 and removes some confusion when trying to run pure Zope 3 applications on Zope 2.
- Products.PageTemplates now uses the Zope 3 ZPT implementation in zope.pagetemplate.
- The TAL package has been deprecated in favour of the TAL engine from zope.tal.
- Products.PageTemplates.TALES has been deprecated in favour of the TALES engine from zope.tales.
- ZTUtils.Iterator has been deprecated in favour of the TALES iterator implementation in zope.tales.tales.
- ZCatalog: removed manage_deleteIndex(), manage_delColumns() which were deprecated since Zope 2.4
- deprecated the zLOG module. Use Pythons
- replaced all zLOG occurences (expect the zLOG module itself) with
- PluginIndexes/TextIndex is deprecated. Use ZCTextIndex instead
StructuredTextmodule is deprecated. Use zope.structuredtext instead
- removed ZopeTutorial (Elvis is now really dead)
- ZClasses are deprecated and should no longer be used. In addition any code related to the ZClasses (re)distribution mechanism is removed.
- ZGadyFlyDA/Gadfly is deprecated
- deprecated OFS.content_types (to be removed in Zope 2.11) and replaced all occurences with zope.app.content_types
- OFS.content_types: moved code to zope.app.content_types and added method aliases
- Using FastCGI is offically deprecated.
- Included Zope 3.3 and corresponding Five 1.5 release.
- There is now a default favicon.ico.
- Experimental WSGI and Twisted support for http.
Zope now has a WSGI interface for integration with other
web-servers than ZServer. Most notably Twisted is supported.
The WSGI application is ZPublisher.WSGIPublisher.publish_module
You can make ZServer use the twisted interface with the "use-wsgi on" keyword in the http-server section in zope.conf.
You can run Twisted by installing Twisted (2.1 recommended) and replacing the http-server section with a server section in zope.conf. It is not possible to run a Twisted server together with a ZServer at the same time.
address 8080 type Zope2-HTTP
WSGI: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0333/ Twisted: http://twistedmatrix.com/
- The traversal has been refactored to take heed of Zope3s
IPublishTraverse adapter interfaces. The ZCML directives
five:traversable and five:defaultViewable are therefore no
longer needed, as everything now is five:traversable and
There was a bug in earlier versions of Five that allowed you to do custom publishing traversal with ITraversable adapters. This bug has been corrected. Anybody using ITraversable adapters need to convert them to IPublishTraversal adapters.
- Testing.makerequest: Added an
environargument so clients can use mappings other than os.environ.
- Updated to Docutils 0.4.0
- reStructuredText: The default value for the
stylesheetproperty has been changed from
default.cssto None because there is no
default.cssfile by default.
- ZReST: rewritten render() method to integrate it smoothly
with Docutils 0.4.0. The default value for the
stylesheetproperty has been changed from
default.cssto None because there is no
default.cssfile by default.
- Added a "clock server" servertype which allows users to
configure methods that should be called periodically as if
they were being called by a remote user agent on one of Zope's
HTTP ports. This is meant to replace wget+cron for some class
of periodic callables.
To use, create a "clock-server" directive section anywhere in your zope.conf file, like so:
method /do_stuff period 60 user admin password 123 host localhost
Any number of clock-server sections may be defined within a single zope.conf. Note that you must specify a username/password combination with the appropriate level of access to call the method you've defined. You can omit the username and password if the method is anonymously callable. Obviously the password is stored in the clear in the config file, so you need to protect the config file with filesystem security if the Zope account is privileged and those who have filesystem access should not see the password.
Descriptions of the values within the clock-server section follow:
method -- the traversal path (from the Zope root) to an executable Zope method (Python Script, external method, product method, etc). The method must take no arguments or must obtain its arguments from a query string. period -- the number of seconds between each clock "tick" (and thus each call to the above "method"). The lowest number providable here is typically 30 (this is the asyncore mainloop "timeout" value). user -- a zope username. password -- the password for the zope username provided above. host -- the hostname passed in via the "Host:" header in the faux request. Could be useful if you have virtual host rules set up inside Zope itself.
To make sure the clock is working, examine your Z2.log file. It should show requests incoming via a "Zope Clock Server" useragent.
- Added a
conflict-error-log-leveldirective to zope.conf, to set the level at which conflict errors (which are normally retried automatically) are logged. The default is
- The SiteErrorLog now copies exceptions to the event log by default.
- ObjectManager now has an hasObject method to test presence. This brings it in line with BTreeFolder.
- Improved logging of ConflictErrors. All conflict errors are logged at INFO, with counts of how many occurred and how many were resolved. Tracebacks for all conflicts are logged a DEBUG level, although these won't help anyone much. If a conflict error is unresolved, it will now bubble up to error_log and standard_error_message.
- Use new-style security declarations everywhere possible. This means remove the use of __ac_permissions__, foo__roles__ and default__class_init__. A few corner cases can't be converted because of circular imports.
- Fixed unclear security declarations. Warn when an attempt is made to have a security declaration on a nonexistent method.
- updated to ZPL 2.1
- interfaces: Added
Interfacestab to basic core objects. This is a Five feature and only available if the classes are made five:traversable. It allows to inspect interfaces and to assign marker interfaces through the ZMI.
- webdav: Added support for the z3 WriteLock interface. It is no longer necessary to have the WriteLockInterface in the __implements__ list of lockable objects. All classes inheriting from LockableItem inherit also the IWriteLock interface. Note that this enables webdav locking for all subclasses by default even if they don't specify the WriteLockInterface explicitly.
- App ProductContext: Made registerClass aware of z3 interfaces. Z2 and z3 interfaces are registered side by side in the same tuple in Products.meta_types. IFAwareObjectManagers like the ZCatalog work now with z3 interfaces as well.
- Zope now sends Zope 3 events when objects are added or removed from standard containers. manage_afterAdd, manage_beforeDelete and manage_afterClone are now deprecated. See lib/python/Products/Five/tests/event.txt for details.
- Zope now utilizes ZODB 3.6. It had previously used ZODB 3.4. As a result, the DBTab package was removed, as ZODB 3.6 has multidatabase support that makes DBTab unnecessary.
- Added a
product-configsection type to zope.conf, allowing arbitrary key-value mappings. Products can look for such confgiurations to set product-specific options. Products mwy also register their own section types, extending the
zope.product.basetype. (see the example
<product-config>section in skel/etc/zope.conf.in for sample usage).
- Collector #1490: Added a new zope.conf option to control the character set used to encode unicode data that reaches ZPublisher without any specified encoding.
- AccessControl, Acquisition, App, OFS, webdav, PluginIndexes, ZCatalog and ZCTextIndex: Added some Zope 3 style interfaces. This makes the bridged interfaces shipped with Five obsolete.
- ZConfig extension, address now also accepts symbolic port names from etc/services (unix) or etc\services (win32)
- ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload now supports full file object interface. This means Iterator support was added. (for line in fileobject: ..., as well as fileobject.next() and fileobject.xreadlines() ) Collector #1837
- Switched the bundled Zope 3 to release 3.2 and upgraded the Five product to version 1.3 (see Products/Five/CHANGES.txt).
- The PageTemplate implementation now uses Zope 3 message catalogs by default for translation. Old-style translation services such as Localizer or PlacelessTranslationService are still supported as fall-backs. See Products/Five/doc/i18n.txt for more information.
- Switched to the new improved test runner from Zope 3. Run test.py with -h to find out more.
- lib/python/docutils is now a reference to docutils package from the Zope 3 source tree (to get rid of redundant packages)
- Collector #1447: When editing content on a virtual-hosted zope, AcceleratedHTTPCacheManager now purges the correct URL.
- When you add roles in manage_access, roles are now stripped of any leading or trailing spaces.
- Collector #2062: Fix manage_historyCopy, which was broken, and write tests for it.
- Collector #2061: Fix problems where windows line endings are passed to restricted code compilers.
- Collector #2051: Applied patch by Yoshinori Okuji to fix some XML export/import problems, including tests for that feature.
- Collector #2037: fixed broken ACTUAL_URL for
- Missing import of NotFound in webdav.Resource
- Collector #1819: fixed method signature of MountedObject.SimpleTrailblazer._construct()
- Collector #2019: removed validateValue() from cAccessControl (already removed in former Zope versions from the AccessControl Python implementation)
- Collector #1991: ZPublisher did not deal properly with a trailing %20 in the URL
- zope.app.introspector was not included with the source archive
- Collector #2013: improved XHTML conformance of error messages,
some of which did not close
- Collector #2002: fixed broken
ls -Rfunctionality (didn't recurse properly subclasses of OFS.Folder)
- Collector #1992: unified the visible hostnames of the FTP and HTTP servers
- Collector #1999: fixed broken FTP rename functionality (RNFR now returns 350 as status code instead 250)
- HTTPResponse: for XML content the encoding specified within
the XML preamble is adjusted to the real encoding of the content
as specified through the
charsetwithin the content-type property.
- Collector #1939: When running as a service, Zope could
potentially collect too much log output filling the NT Event
Log. When that happened, a
Problem is that a service/pythonw.exe process always has an invalid sys.stdout. But due to the magic of buffering, small "print" statements would not fail - but once the file actually got written to, the error happened. Never a problem when debugging, as the process has a console, and hence a valid stdout.
- For content-type HTTP headers starting with
charsetfield is automatically if not specified by the application. The
charsetis determined by the content-type header specified by the application (if available) or from the zpublisher_default_encoding value as configured in etc/zope.conf
- Collector #1976: FTP STOR command would load the file being uploaded in memory. Changed to use a TemporaryFile.
- OFS ObjectManager: Fixed list_imports() to tolerate missing import directories.
- Collector #1621, 1894: Removed support for use of long-deprecated
- OFS PropertySheets / webdav: Fixed dav__resourcetype. __dav_collection__ with a false value was overridden by isAnObjectManager.
- added missing Zope 3 imports: zope.app.intid, zope.app.keyreference, zope.app.session, zope.contentprovider, zope.viewlet
- AccessControl.User: Use a better __repr__.
- ZSQLMethod.manage_main: Moved the error message that warns of a non-existing or closed database connection next to the Connection ID dropdown and present it using red to increase its visibility.
- The ImageFile module has finally been deprecated for good and will be removed in Zope 2.11. Use App.ImageFile instead.
after Zope 2.8.1
@character is now allowed in object ids (RFC 1738 allows it).
- If a content object implemented any in-place numeric operators, untrusted code could call them, thus modifying the content.
- If Python 2.4 is used, despite the fact that Python 2.4 is unsupported, untrusted code could use generator expressions to gain access to container items.
- Collector #1895: testrunner: omitting the
varfrom recursive directory walking
- OFS.Image.manage_FTPget() would str() it's .data attribute, potentially loading the whole file in memory as a string. Changed to use RESPONSE.write() iterating through the Pdata chain, just like index_html().
- Collector #1863: Prevent possibly sensitive information to leak via the TransientObject's __repr__ method.
handle_errorsusage for doctests, along with the supporting
debugargument passed to
- Collector #1879: applied patch by Dieter Maurer to fix a bug in ac_aquire() ignoring the default argument
- Collector #1864, #1906: fixed header normalization in appendHeader()
- Collector #1899: fixed migration issue when using export/import for ZCatalog instances
- Collector #1871: Applied patch to support lists with records using ZTUtils.make_query()
- AccessControl: creating a new user through "zpasswd inituser" did not work properly with a top-level user folder with enabled password encryption.
- ZCatalog: refreshCatalog() could not be called safely from a ZEO client script
- Catalog.clear(): fixed handling of _length attribute (caused import problems for some .zexp files e.g. Squishdot instances)
- DateIndex now properly removes documents from both indexes if the value is None
- Collector #1888: Some parts of the TALInterpreter would not pass a default when translating, yet expect a string back. This would cause an error (usually "NoneType has no attribute 'replace'") in the case the message was not translated.
Zope 2.8.1 (2005/08/11)
- Interface: Added Z3 -> Z2 bridge utilities. This allows to migrate interfaces to Zope 3 style interfaces and bridge them back to oldstyle interfaces for backwards compatibility.
- Zope2.Startup.zopectl: fork before execv when running unit tests (don't exit the shell, if run from there).
- TAL: MassageIDs are now handled the same way as in zope.tal.
- DocumentTemplate: ustr no longer mangles MassageIDs. Custom string types are now returned unchanged.
- As developed in a long thread starting at http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2005-July/160433.html there appears to be a race bug in the Microsoft Windows socket implementation, rarely visible in ZEO and/or in ZServer/medusa/thread/select_trigger.py when multiple processes try to create an "asyncore trigger" simultaneously, most often (in stress tests) manifesting as a hung process. Windows-specific trigger code in both changed to work around this bug when it occurs.
- Collector #1807: fixed memory leak in cAccessControl.guarded_getattr()
Zope 2.8.1 b1 (2005/07/28)
- PluginIndexes, ZCTextIndex and ZCatalog: Added some z3 interfaces.
- Verbose security exception reporting has been folded into Zope, removing the need for the VerboseSecurity product. See the documentation for the "verbose-security" option in zope.conf.
- "TemporaryStorage" (the storage that is used mainly to back the default sessioning database) is now MVCC capable, which essentially means that its usage will no longer generate ZODB ReadConflictErrors.
- Collector #1852: fixed wrong URL construction in webdav.davcmds
- Collector #1844: fixed whitespace handling in the ZMI "Find" tab
- Collector #1813: removed spurious inclusion of CMFBTreeFolder. in Products/BTreeFolder2 (CMFCore will include it after 1.5, with an appropriate module alias for backward compatibility).
- Replaced all transaction.commit(1) calls by transaction.savepoint()
- Collector #1832: UnIndex swallowed ConflictErrors.
- Collector #1815: ZCTextIndex accepts (again) sequences of strings to be indexed.
- Collector #1812: Fixed key error in ZSQL ZMI/Test
- Fixed CMFBTreeFolder for CMF 1.5+
- WebDAV COPY and MOVE did not call
_postCopyhooks like it was done in OFS.CopySupport. Additionally added
manage_changeOwnershipTypeto make MOVE behave even closer to OFS.CopySupport.
- Collector #1548: Fix
httplibusage in ZPublisher.Client.
- Collector #1808: manage_convertIndexes no longer tries to change the index types causing some trouble with CMF.
- manage_convertIndexes did not treat DateRangeIndexes and PathIndexes properly.
- Updated Zope X3 to bugfix release 3.0.1
- Updated Five to bugfix release 1.0.2 (see Products/Five/CHANGES.txt)
Zope 2.8.0 (2005/06/11)
- Collector #1792: applied patch for broken ZClasses
- doc/FAQ.txt updated: should bear some resemblance to reality now. (PCGI stuff removed; error information updated; PID information updated; upgrade procedure added; some common version questions added.)
- Collector #1770: Fixed RestructuredText subtitle
- Collector #1803: Fixed InitializeClass for some corner case.
- Collector #1798, issue 1: ZopeTestCase no longer tries to install products that were installed by Zope during startup.
- Collector #1799: Avoid lying about parent's refcount when calling back into Python code.
- Collector #889: made
andoperator for KeywordIndexes actually restrict results as expected (thanks to
arodafor the patch!).
- Collector #1323: applied patch to fix umask problem in zdctl
- Updated Five to bugfix release 1.0.1 (see Products/Five/CHANGES.txt)
Zope 2.8.0 b2 (2005/05/22)
- Made WebDAV server distinguishable from the default HTTP server both in the ZMI and in event.log.
- Included BTreeFolder2
- Collector #1507/1728: Server addresses are now handled the same way on all platforms. This fixes the default binding on Windows.
- Collector #1781: made
create_mount_pointsZConfig option actually work (thanks to Dieter Maurer for the patch).
- Collector #1780: DateTime.strftime() now handles dates <= 1900 or >= 2038
- Collector #1775: turning off debug mode by default
- Collector #1784: fixed handling of multiple attributes in ZCTextIndex
- Don't copy
.svndirectories from skeleton into an instance (thanks to Dale Hirt for the patch).
- Collector #1776: Improved setup.py. The Finder class is now used for the complete lib/python tree and has a blacklist instead of a whitelist for file extensions. So there should no longer be a need to update setup.py if modules or files are added or removed in lib/python.
- Collector #1751: Improved error reporting reporting during the startup phase
- Collector #1745: Fixed ZSQL error KeyError
- Collector #1735: fixed UnicodeDecodeError in Loader.py
Zope 2.8b1 (2005/04/24)
- Added lazy: TAL expression and fixed defer: expression for python expression
- ZCatalog.CatalogBrains: An _unrestrictedGetObject method has been added.
- ZODB transactions now support savepoints. See transaction/savepoint.txt. These will replace subtransactions.
- Collector #1754: Fixed import of
zopectl adduser(which wasy dying with a NameError).
- Collector #1750: StructuredText: fixed handling of image URLs with query string
- Collector #1748: Fixed SIGSEGV in Acquisition
- Hotfix_20050405: classes defined in untrusted code could shadow the roles of methods defined as protected by their bases.
- Collector #1656: Fixed enumeration within untrusted code (forward-port from 2.7 branch).
- Collector #1721: Fixed handling of an empty indexed_attrs parameter
Zope 2.8a2 (2005/04/02)
getObjectnow raises errors, rather than returning None, in cases where the path points either to a nonexistent object (in which case it raises NotFound) or to one which the user cannot access (raising Unauthorized). Sites which rely on the old behavior can restore setting a new zope.conf option,
catalog-getObject-raises, to "off".
This compatibility option will be removed in Zope 2.10.
- PluginIndexes: the ZCatalog's "Indexes" tab now show the number of distinct values indexed by each index instead of a mixture of indexed objects versus number of distinct values. Indexes derived from UnIndex show both values within their own ZMI screen. In addition most indexes have now a "Browse" tab to browse through the list of indexed values and their occurrences.
- FTPServer: a RNFR (rename from) request is now being responded with a 550 error code if the source file does not exist
- Fixed ObjectManager to not swallow exceptions during object deletion (in debug mode and if the user is not Manager). This allows for better debugging, while still keeping the possibility for a Manager to delete buggy objects.
- Added a ZConfig directive
large-file-thresholdto control the request content-size threshold at which a temporary file gets created. Use the same value for deciding between reading the whole request in memory or just a chunk inside webdav.NullResource.PUT().
- RAMCacheManager: Allow invalidation of a cache entry from the Statistics view in the ZMI
- Collector #1454/OFS.File: Accept content types ending with
- Zope X3 3.0.0's
src/zopepackage is included now.
- Five (Zope 3 integration technology for Zope 2) is included now in Products/Five.
- Collector #1460: guarded_apply was too restrictive.
- OFS.Traversable still used a string
- ZPublisher would fail to recognize a XML-RPC request if the
content-type header included a
- Forward-ported 'aq_acquire'-related fix and associated tests from Zope 2.7.4.
- Collector #1730: XML page templates couldn't call aq_parent in path expressions.
- Fixed brain.getObject() to correctly traverse to an object even if one of its parents is not accessible, to be close to what the Publisher does.
- Forward ported fix for OFS.CopySupport tests which corrected
signature of a faux security policy's
setup.pydid not install the
Zopecompatibility module (the old
Zopepackage has been renamed to
- Fixed Shared.DC.ZRDB.Results to behave with the new-style ExtensionClass. Added a test.
setup.pydid not install the new
Zopecompatibility module (the
Zopepackage has been renamedd to
- Collector #1507: Zope now binds again to all available IP addresses if ip-address is unset
list.remove()in Catalog.delColumn(). There can be only one column with the same name, and it could potentially break catalog metadata as remove() may remove more than one element from the list if they have the same value. Also, we already have the list index we are interested in deleting so it doesn't make sense to look up the value and call
- Collector #1628: FTP server has been broken (directory listings did not work)
- Collector #1705: CopySource._postCopy is never called
- Collector #1617: Fixed crash in ZPT code (caused by improper checks in cAccessControl)
- Collector #1683: fixing batching in the DA "Test" tab
- Collector #1648: Fix bug in Medusa FTP
- Collector #1667: allow
max-number-of-session-objects 0to have the same effect as setting the value via the web interface (i.e., make the number of session objects unlimited, rather than falling back to the default).
- Collector: #1651: removed compiler warning
- Collector #1661: make
python-check-intervalsetting in zope.conf actually work as documented. This setting allows for important tuning opportunities for production Zope servers.
- Collector #1657: Don't break host-based virtual hosting when purging an HTTP accelerator.
- DTML Methods were not interoperable with the new filestream_iterator and caches based on it (FileCacheManager).
- Collector #1655: fixed severe memory leak in TemporaryStorage
- Collector #1407: fixed XML escaping problem introduced in 2.7.4 b1
- Collector #1151: HTTP compression was broken on error pages
- The REQUEST now contains a new entry ACTUAL_URL which contains the full URL without query string as it appears within the location bar of the browser. The key has been added to provide a single key that is available for vhosted and non-vhosted installations.
- Collector #1605: VHM did not quote URLs
- webdav.Resource: during COPY, manage_afterClone was called way too early, thus the object wasn't bound to the database and couldn't find a context. Changed to behave the same way as CopySupport.
- RAMCacheManager: opimized performance by using cPickle instead of pickle and by using the highest pickle protocol available instead of using ASCII pickles (patch by Dieter Maurer)
- Collector #631: Image URLs in StructuredText containing port numbers were not rendered correctly
- Collector #1498: Don't choke on malformed cookies. Cookies of
the form "foo=bar; hmm; baz=gee" will give an empty value for
hmminstead of silently discarding it and the rest of the string. (Thanks to
sirilyanfor the patch.)
- bin/zopectl test now uses os.execv, instead os os.system, so that options with characters that needs shell quoting doesn't break the command.
- Collector #1219: Make XML export sane again.
- Collector #945: Allow adding empty PythonScript instances programmatically.
- Updated doc/UNITTEST.txt and lib/python/Testing/README.txt to reflect progress made since UNITTEST.txt was originally written.
- Removed Version objects from the add menu. Versions are agreed to be a feature that should not be used as it is not well implemented and allows for data loss.
- Collector #1510: Allow encoding of application/xhtml+xml pages according to the charset specified in the Content-Type header (thanks to Jacek Konieczny for the patch).
- Collector #1599: made sqltest work with unicode strings (thanks to Peter Sabaini for the patch).
- zopectl: fixed handling of child processes (patch by Dieter Maurer)
- Collector #1593: fixed dumb _get_id() implementation in OFS.CopySupport that produced copy_of_copy_of....files (thanks to Alexandre Boeglin for the patch).
- Collector #1450: files in utilities/ZODBTools are now installed
during the installation process in the
- Collector #1003: added new
http-header-max-lengthdirective to zope.conf to specific the maximum length of a HTTP request header before it is considered as a possible DoS attack and discarded.
- Collector #1371: added new
cgi-maxlendirective to zope.conf to limit the amount of form data being processed by Zope to prevent DoS attacks
- Collector #1407: changed WebDAV display name for objects to title_or_id()
trusted-proxydirective in zope.conf now also accepts hostnames instead of IP addresses only (patch by Dieter Maurer)
- Fixed test.py to not over-resolve symbolic links. Needed to run tests when the Products directory and a product are symlinks.
- Collector #1583/ZReST: Fixed handling of the title attribute for non-ascii characters.
- Collector #1577: Fixed cryptic error message in ZPublisher if a non-ASCII string is passed to a date, int, long or float property.
- Collector #1576: Fixed Z Search Interface to use proper HTML.
- Collector #1127: strftime did not take timezone into account.
- Collector #1569/DateTime: Added a new ISO8601-method that will return correctly formatted ISO 8601-representations to augment the ISO method which isn't compliant with ISO 8601.
- ZPublisher: changed some hardcoded
iso-8859-15since latin1 is obsolete.
- Collector #1566: Installation of Zope on some older Solaris versions could fail due to a broken "echo" implementation causing the creation of a borked version.txt file.
- Collector #934: Image and File objects are now always internally split into small chunks even when initialized from a string.
- docutils: updated to V 0.3.5. The Zope core now contains a full copy of the docutils package except some GPLed files which can not be included with the Zope distribution due to license constraints on svn.zope.org.
- docutils: moved from lib/python/docutils to lib/python/third_party/docutils
- Collector #1557/OFS.Image: Introducing new
altattribute is no longer taken from the
titleproperty but from the new
altproperty. The border="0" attribute is no longer part of the HTML output except specified otherwise.
- Set a default value of '' for the new
altproperty as not to break existing content.
- Collector #1511: made IPCServer show up in the Control Panel under "Network Services"
- Collector #1443: Applied patch by Simon Eisenmann that reimplements the XML parser used in WebDAV fixing a memory leak.
- Always unescape element contents on webdav.xmltools
- Use saxutils to escape/unescape values for/from PROPFIND/PROPPATCH.
- Make OFS.PropertySheet use the escaping function from webdav.xmltools.
- Escape/unescape " and '
- Don't escape properties stored as XML (ie: having a __xml_attrs__ metadata set by PROPPATCH) when building a PROPFIND response.
- If a PROPPATCH element value contains only a CDATA section, store the CDATA contents only.
- Catch AttributeErrors and KeyErrors raised from __bobo_traverse__ and convert them to NotFound. In debug mode a more verbose error message is issued, the same way it's done on attribute/item traversal.
- Collector #1523: replace the text field for importing .zexp/.xml files with a selection list
- Stitch newly-created object into it's container before calling it's PUT() method. This fixes an issue with OFS.File/OFS.Image that would result into reading the whole file in memory and wrapping it into a single Pdata object.
- Import ZServer.CONNECTION_LIMIT variable inside the method that uses it. Before this, the variable was imported at the module level, thus binding it too early which would cause the ZConfig handler to have no real effect.
Zope 2.8a1 (2004/10/17)
- Included Stefan Holek's ZopeTestCase 0.9
- The SiteErrorLog allows you to acknowledge (or delete) exceptions, so you can reduce or clear the list without restarting your Zope server. Additionally the SiteErrorLog is covered by unit tests now.
- Unit tests added for the SiteErrorLog.
- UI improvement for the ZCatalog. The "catalog contents" allow you to filter the cataloged objects by path now.
- Made test.py follow symbolic links on POSIX systems.
- added utilities/reindex_catalog.py to perform ZCatalog maintenance operations from the command line (through zopectl)
- RESPONSE.setBody and RESPONSE.setStatus now accept lock parameters in the same way as RESPONSE.redirect. These prevent further calls to the methods from overwriting the previous value. This is useful when writing http proxies.
- DateTime: new DateTime instance can be constructed from a given DateTime instance: d_new = DateTime(d_old)
- The DateTime parser now throws a SyntaxError upon any parsing errors.
- ZCatalog: added a new configuration option in the "Advanced" tab to provide optional logging of the progress of long running reindexing or recataloging operations.
- made Zope.configure return the starter instance to enable other methods to be called, such as starter.setupConfiguredLoggers()
- Improved Unicode handling in Page Templates. Template contents and title will now be saved as a Unicode string if the management_page_charset variable can be acquired and is true. The character set of an uploaded file can now be specified.
- zopectl now accepts the -m argument to set a umask for files created by the managed process (e.g. -m 002 or --umask 002).
- AccessControl/permission_settings() now has a new optional parameter
permissionto retrieve the permission settings for a particular permission.
- The obsolete
SearchIndexpackage has been removed
- Traversal now supports a "post traversal hook" that get's run after traversal finished and the security context is established.
- Using "_usage" parameters in a ZCatalog query is deprecated and logged as DeprecationWarning.
- MailHost now has two additional properties, a user id and a password. These are used to attempt ESMTP authentication before sending a mail.
- Folder listings in FTP now include "." as well as "..".
- When a VHM is activated, it adds the mapping
'VIRTUAL_URL_PARTS': (SERVER_URL, BASEPATH1, virtual_url_path)
to the request's
otherdictionary. If BASEPATH1 is empty, it is omitted from the tuple. The joined parts are also added under the key
VIRTUAL_URL. Since the parts are evaluated before traversal continues, they will not reflect modifications to the path during traversal or by the addition of a default method such as
- Extension Classes, a key Zope foundation, have been totally
rewritten based on Python new-style classes.
This change provides a number of advantages:
- Use of new-style class features (e.g. slots, descriptors, etc.) in Zope objects. Support for object protocols (special __ methods) added since Python 1.4.
- Support for cyclic garbage collection.
- Ability to use new-style classes as base classes of Zope objects.
- Pave the way for sharing code between Zope 2 and Zope 3.
- Extension classes with __of__ methods are made into
Python read descriptors.
If an extension classes is used to implement a descriptor, indirectly by implementing __of__ or directly by implementing __get__, the behavior of the descriptor will differ from ordinary descriptors in an important way. The descriptors __get__ method will be called even if the descriptor is stored on an instance of an extension class. Normally descritor __get__ methods are called only of the descriptor is stored in a class.
- ZODB 3.3
This is the first version of ZODB that does not require ExtensionClass.
paritymethod to ZTUtils Iterators.
- Allow untrusted code to mutate ZPublisher record objects.
- Added a "mime-types" configuration value which names a file giving additional MIME type to filename extension mappings. The "mime-types" setting may be given more than once in the configuration file; the files have the same format at the mime.types file distributed with Apache.
- Changed the ZEO server and control process to work with a single configuration file; this is now the default way to configure these processes. (It's still possible to use separate configuration files.) The ZEO configuration file can now include a "runner" section used by the control process and ignored by the ZEO server process itself. If present, the control process can use the same configuration file.
- ZConfig was updated to version 2.0. The new version includes two new ways to perform schema extension; of particular interest in Zope is the ability for a configuration file to "import" new schema components to allow 3rd-party components (such as storages, databases, or logging handlers) to be used.
- The testrunner.py script has been replaced with test.py which
is now installed into the
- Removed Python 2.3.3 as valid option. ZODB 3.3 requires Python 2.3.4 or later.
- Collector #1332: Added in-place migration of the Catalog.__len__ attribute to avoid new-style class caching problems. Instances of ZCatalog or instances of classes with ZCatalog as base class will be migrated automatically. Instances of Catalog or classes with Catalog as base class must be migrated manually by calling the migrate__len__() method on the every instance. In addition old BTree migration code (for pre-Zope 2.5 instances) has been removed. If you want to migrate from such an old version to Zope 2.8, you need to clear and reindex your ZCatalog).
- Collector #1595: same as in Collector #1132 for indexes derived from UnIndex. Exisiting ZCatalog instances must be converted manually by calling the "manage_convertIndexes" method through-the-web for every single ZCatalog instance. See also doc/FAQ.txt (Installation, question #4)
- Collector #1457: ZCTextIndex's QueryError and ParseError are now available for import from untrusted code.
- Collector #1473: zpasswd.py can now accept --username without --password
- Collector #1491: talgettext.py did not create a proper header for the generated .pot file if multiple pagetemplate files were processed.
- Collector #1477: TaintedString.strip() now implements the same signature as str.strip()
- TAL: tal:on-error does not trap ConflictError anymore.
- OFS.CopySupport: Enforced "Delete objects" permission during move (CMF Collector #259).
- Removed DWIM'y attempt to filter acquired-but-not-aceessible
- Collector #1267: applied patch to fix segmentation faults on x86_64 systems
- ZReST: the charset used in the rendered HTML was not set to the corresponding output_encoding property of the ZReST instance. In addition changing the encodings through the Properties tab did not re-render the HTML.
- Collector #1234: an exception triple passed to LOG() was not propagated properly to the logging module of Python
- Collector #1441: Removed headers introduced to make Microsoft webfolders and office apps happy, since they make a lot of standards-compliant things unhappy AND they trick MS Office into trying to edit office files stored in Zope via WebDAV even when the user isn't allowed to edit them and is only trying to download them.
- Collector #1445: Fixed bad interaction between -p and -v(v) options to test.py that resulted in exceptions being printed when they shouldn't have been.
- Collector #729: manage_main doesn't display the correct page title most of the time. It is not completely fixed but using title_or_id makes folders display the correct id as a fallback.
- Collector #1370: Fixed html generated by Z Search interface.
- Collector #1295: Fixed minor niglet with the Elvis tutorial.
- added "version.txt" to setup.py to avoid untrue "unreleased version" messages within the control panel
- Collector #1436: applied patch to fix a memory leak in cAccessControl.
- Collector #1431: fixed NetBSD support in initgroups.c
- Collector #1406: fixed segmentation fault by acquisition
- Collector #1392: ExternalMethod ignored management_page_charset
- unrestrictedTraverse() refactored to remove hasattr calls (which mask conflict errors) and for greater readability and maintainability.
- Zope can now be embedded in C/C++ without exceptions being raised in zdoptions.
- Collector #1213: Fixed wrong labels of cache parameters
- Collector #1265: Fixed handling of orphans in ZTUtil.Batch
- Collector #1293: missing
addressparameters within one of the server sections raise an exception.
- Collector #1345: AcceleratedHTTPCacheManager now sends the Last-Modified header.
- Collector #1126: ZPublisher.Converters.field2lines now using
splitlines() instead of split(
- Collector #1322: fixed HTML quoting problem with ZSQL methods in DA.py
- Collector #1124: The ZReST product now uses the same reST encoding parameters from zope.conf as the low-level reStructuredText implementation.
- Collector #1259: removed the "uninstall" target from the Makefile since the uninstall routine could also remove non-Zope files. Because this was to dangerous it has been removed completely.
- Collector #1299: Fixed bug in sequence.sort()
- Collector #1159: Added test for __MACH__ to initgroups.c so the initgroups method becomes available on Mac OS X.
- Collector #1004: text,token properties were missing in PropertyManager management page.
- Display index name on error message when index can't be used as
- PUT would fail if the created object had a __len__ = 0 (eg: BTreeFolder2) and fallback to _default_put_factory. Fix by checking if the returned object is None instead.
- Collector #1160: HTTPResponse.expireCookie() potentially didn't
expireskeyword argument was passed.
- Collector #1289: Allow ZSQL methods to be edited via WebDAV.
- WebDAV property values were not being properly escaped on
supportedlockwas not checking if the object did implement the WriteLockInterface before returning it's value.
- reStructuredText ignored the encoding settings in zope.conf
- ObjectManager no longer raises string exceptions
- Collector #1260: Testing/__init__.py no longer changes the INSTANCE_HOME.
- App.config.setConfiguration() did not update the legacy source for debug_mode, Globals.DevelopmentMode.
- Script (Python) objects now have a _filepath attribute, also
used as the
__file__global at runtime. This prevents an import problem caused by the fix to #1074.
- Minor usability tweaks:
- Increased FindSupport meta type selection widgets height to 8 lines
- The DateTime module did not recognize the settings for "datetime-format".
- Stop testrunner.py from recursing into the
build-basedirectory created by setup.py.
- Collector #1074: Change Scripts' __name__ to None
- Range searches with KeywordIndexes did not work with record-style query parameters
- Item_w__name__ now has a working getId() method
- PageTemplateFile now using Item_w__name__ mixin, fixing its getId() and absolute_url() methods.
- Only one VirtualHostMonster is allowed per container.
- Collector #1133: TreeTag choked on Ids of type long.
- Collector #1012: A carefully crafted compressed tree state could violate size limit. Limit is no longer hardcoded.
- Collector #1139: tal:attributes didn't escape double quotes.
- Management interface of TopicIndexes has been completely broken
- Collector #1129: Improper parsing of ISO8601 in DateTime.
- Removed pervasive use of string exceptions (some may still be hiding in the woodwork, but all raise's with string literals are gone).
- AccessControl.User used a misleading string exeception,
NotImplemented, which shadowed the Python builtin.
- Collector #426: Inconsistent, undocumented error() method.
- Collector #799: Eliminate improper uses of SCRIPT_NAME.
- Collector #445: Add internal global declaration for Script bindings.
- Collector #616: Make CONTEXTS available to TALES Python expressions.
- Collector #1074: Give Script execution context a __name__
- Collector #1095: Allow TAL paths starting with
/varnameas a preferred spelling for
- Collector #391: Cut and paste now requires delete permissions.
- Collector #331: Referenses to URL in manage_tabs was changed to REQUEST.URL to prevent accidental overriding.
- Made the control panel properly reflect the cache-size setting of ZODB's object cache once again.
- ConflictError was swallowed in ObjectManager by manage_beforeDelete and _delObject. This could break code expecting to do cleanups before deletion.
- Python 2.3 BooleanType wasn't handled properly by ZTUtils marshalling and ZPublisher's converters.
- Collector #1065: bin/ scripts didn't export HOME envars.
- Collector #572: WebDAV GET protected by
FTP Accesspermission. Two new methods have been added to WebDAV resources, "manage_DAVget" and "listDAVObjects". These are now used by WebDAV instead of the earlier "manage_FTPget" and "objectValues". This separates the permissions, and allows WebDAV specific overriding of these methods.
- Collector #904: Platform specific signals in zdaemon/Daemon.py (fixed by removing the "fossil" module from 2.7 branch and head).
- Workaround for Collector #1081: The
titleproperty for objects derived from OFS.Folder or PropertyManager can now be removed and replaced with a ustring property. This allows the usage of non-ISO-8859-1 or ASCII charsets
- Collector #951: DateTime(None) is now equal to DateTime()
- Collector #1056: aq_acquire() ignored the default argument
- Collector #1087: ZPT: "repeat/item/length" did not work as documented in the Zope Book.
- Collector #721: Entities in tal:attribute values weren't properly escaped.
- Collector #851: Traversable.py: A bare try..except shadowed conflict errors
- Collector #1058: Several fixes for PropertySheets when used outside ZClasses
- Collector #1053: parseIndexRequest turned empty sequence of search terms into unrestricted search.
- manage_tabs had a namespace problem with the acquisition of names from the manage_options variable resulting to acquire "target" and "action" from objects above in the hierachy.
- PathIndex and TopicIndex are now using a counter for the number of indexed objects instead of using a very expensive calculation based on the keys of their indexes.
- Collector #1039: Whitespace problem in Z2.log fixed
- changed some bare try: except:'s in Shared.DC.ZRDB.Connection so that they now log exceptions that occur.
- ObjectManager will now attempt to set Owner local role keyed to the user's id, rather than username.