Zope 2.6.2 Beta 5 Available
ZOPE 2.6.2 Beta 5 Released
Zope 2.6.2b5 represents a development step in the next Zope release formed with a large number of community contributions. You may download Zope 2.6.2b5 from Zope.org:
Users of the Zope source release should note that Python 2.1.3 is now the required platform. Python 2.1.3 includes a fix to an issue that could cause crashes in Zope.
Users who upgrade from source MUST RUN a
make clean and
command to build
the proper binaries correctly; distutils will skip compilation of the
library modules needed for Zope and will cause errors if they are not
up to date.
Particular features of interest in Zope 2.6.2b5:
- Fixed an error where ZClasses that subclassed ObjectManager would not load.
- Fixed a case where objects trying to check access rights on behalf of another user were unable to do so.
- Fixed memory leak with Page Templates
- Python 2.2 compatibility fixes
- Back ports of BTrees fixes
- Back ports of ZODB fixes relating to the packing of storage, where a packed database could contain an UNDO transaction which referred to data which had been discarded by the pack
- A fix for fsrecover.py which prevented it from recovering any data
- Fixes for collector issues 256, 514, 683, 814, 816, 823, 875, 882, 892, 902, 928, 937, 939, 954, 956, 959, 964
For more information on what is new in this release, see the CHANGES.txt and HISTORY.txt files for the release:
For more information on the available Zope releases, guidance for selecting the right distribution and installation instructions, please see: